Cool Engineering

Info on some cool engineering projects

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Tertiary Objectives

Project wise, the last week has been taken up mainly by writing up project documents and proposals. I heard somewhere that approximately 60% of engineers work these days is not 'engineering stuff' (i.e. programming, designing ect) but paperwork and report writing. I concur that this is true in most of the engineering jobs that I have had (Telstra and Tectonica) and also with any of the projects that we complete at uni.
I have to list some project objectives - I have listed primary and secondary objectives (things we would like to do). I need to add in some tertiary objectives - things that given and infinite budget, and time we might consider completing for our project. One idea is a visual based landing system - a camera onboard the plane which will sight the runway and line the plane directly up with the runway and land it. Yes this is hard - but theoretically possibly, although very hard.
Anyone with any ideas? What would you like your personal unmanned aerial vehicle to automatically do for you?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fly ahead of me in traffic and nuke anyone driving more than 15km/h below the speed limit.

What? You asked. :P

3:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home