Cool Engineering

Info on some cool engineering projects

Friday, October 27, 2006

Chopper data logging plans

I have been thinking up some exciting plans for addon's to the chopper. Besides the power upgrades I have already hinted at (brushless motor, LiPO batteries), I'm also thinking of creating an ultra-small and lightweight data logger. In many ways a minatuired version of our project without the flight control side of things.
Here are is my current wish-list:
- SD card logging (Using a tiny little IC from Sparkfun)
- GPS reciever (The actual data which will be logged - using the reciever from our last project)
- A control switch - that can be used to drive a digital camera (possibly through an unused channel on the radio controller
- A Tiny digital still camera to record data on (eBay have some rather neat and tiny cameras)
- I still have the little wireless video camera to take motion clips with

A separate edition which would be cool (once I'm a profienct pilot) would be to fit the plane out with LED's for night flying. I'd need some bright landing LEDs, and some to indicate direciton. Possibly some on the rotors would look great too - I'll just wait for all the UFO sightings to be reported.

When this is all bundled together I should be able to quickly transfer it between different craft (planes, choppers, cars) and log whatever I need to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home