Cool Engineering

Info on some cool engineering projects

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Totally Wild and a Chopper

Yesterday Wade and I had several interviews filmed for Totally Wild (a nature and educational show showing on channel 10). The whole process was really fun and will be my first apperance on TV. The weather wasn't too favorable towards flying - so we provided some of our flight footage taken earier on (hopefully they don't use the one of the plane homing in on Wade - who was filming at the time).
With all that excitement I decided to buy myself a chopper. These days they have some small electric choppers on eBay going for under $200. Once I get some experence up I plan to replace the stock battery (NiMH) with a LiPO, and replace the brushed motor with a brushless motor. This should more than double the flight time and give me heaps more power. But first, I'll have to learn to fly the chopper - I'm quite used to fixed wing aircraft so hopefully it won't take too long to adjust. The chopper is a dragonfly walkera 22e.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home