Cool Engineering

Info on some cool engineering projects

Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Walk the line

Yesterday I finally assembled the line-following robot (the latest of my robotic creations) into a form that I could code up and test. An hour or two later the PID algorithms were more or less working (currently only the 'P' is tuned in) and my line following robot is following lines.
In the video you will see some power cables and such detracting features as the photo-sensors being held on with electrical tape. Thesether than simply running around on my desk following the oval like (or an alternate circuit looks sowill be remedied in version 2 - which will be powered by 4 AA batteries and will have a proper sensor mounting system. This will give it greater range of mobility so we can plot a path to follow around the lab rather than on my desk around the oval like (or alternately an track looking something like Australia if you squint) printed track.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home