Cool Engineering

Info on some cool engineering projects

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Macgyver charging my phone

Today I found myself in a lab expecting a phone call - only one problem. My phone was currently showing 3% charge - not good!
After asking around if anyone had an Ericsson charger, I was left to try and get some charge into my phone another way. After googling for pinouts I found just what I needed.
Using a breadboard, a lab powersupply and some wire the phone was up to 60% charge in half an hour or so.
Note: If you don't know what you are doing - don't try it (and turn off your vibrate, unless you want sparks to fly when the phone rings)


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dodgy :-)


Cheers,
Tim

3:29 PM  
Blogger Robert Ross said...

Dodgy ... but it worked and got my phone charged - it's not something I'd be doing every day.

4:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home