Cool Engineering

Info on some cool engineering projects

Friday, April 21, 2006

Teeny Tiny Connector Success

Everyone will be happy to know I was finally able to find a connector for the GPS unit. As shown in the picture it is really tiny (the black thing on the right). According to the specifications it should not fit (0.127mm pitch rather than 0.15mm pitch) but it seems to fit perfectly. This was a connector I ordered as a sample from some European distributor about about 7 weeks ago.
Well that is the good news - the bad news is I need to try and find some ribbon cable which is about 0.075mm pitch, which is currently eluding me. Oh well, progress is being made.
As a follow up to the last post on my naming skills, my team name as adopted for our latest management project: AE Robotics (Aerospace Engineering Robotics). I thought it was a pretty good one, but maybe not quite up there with Maximum Advantage. What you do think?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the ban shall remain. :P

3:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home