Cool Engineering

Info on some cool engineering projects

Saturday, August 12, 2006

Digital v's Analog

Personally I have always been more of a digital fan - especially when it comes to university subjects. The maths is certainly much easier and I seem to have a bit of a knack of Boolean algebra. In engineering projects I like to do as much in digital as possible - this seems generally the easiest to design and maintain over time.
Having said this I recently purchased a digital tuner card for the PC. The card I purchased, based on Matt's recommendation was the
Leadtek WinFast DTV2000. Since this card can record both analog and digital signals I thought that this would serve as an excellent comparison. Realistically TV has never looked so good in our house - the only problem appears to be an occasional pixilation (possibly caused by mediocre reception) and some jumping on HD Digital stations (which I haven’t worked out the cause of yet). Hopefully these things will sort themselves out shortly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home