Cool Engineering

Info on some cool engineering projects

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Chopper Flight 1

It would seem that helicopters are slightly more difficult to fly than their fixed wing cousins. Basically I have flown the helicopter for all of 5 seconds. It began to bank slightly (about 1m off the ground). I reduced the throttle (a habit from fixed wing aircraft). The chopper hit the ground with a thud. In the movies when helicopters crash (which is about every movie with a helicopter) parts go flying off everywhere - well the same is true for model helicopters - myth confirmed!
I managed to find the tail rotor 5m in one direction and the vertical stabaliser 5m in the opposite direction. Currently I'm missing the tail rotor drive gear. I also need to work out how to balance the props properly - as at the moment they are unbalanced and I'm unable to achieve lift-off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home