Cool Engineering

Info on some cool engineering projects

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Work + Websites

I just started my new job as an electronic hardware design engineer mid-December. It' s rather unusual still not being considered a student - rather an engineer - the real thing. Cool and wonderful. At the moment I'm learning Perl - which looks really useful for scripting - and something else I can add to my business card - yippee.
I'm currently toying with two interesting projects - they are really different approaches to the same project - a computer controlled coil gun and a computer controlled air gun. Both are quite harmless with an effective range in the order of a few meters. I'm looking at probably a serial connection which will interface with a microcontroller to control some servos providing x and y directional capabilities. At least one of these is on my to-do list for 2007. I'm also looking at using a similar remote controlled servo step at church to remotely control a video camera from the AV-Desk.
The final piece of news I have is that now I have my own domain name. www.rross.com.au
This site incorporates both a technical and a faith aspect to it - both are under heavy development.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home